So you just booked your newborn session with me, your local Santa Barbara newborn photographer, now what?
You may be wondering how to prepare... First, let's remember you just had a baby. Your world was just rocked big time. You are tired, both physically and emotionally. The last thing I want is for you to stress about your newborn session with me.
Let's keep your preparation simple
- Plan to wear comfortable clothing in light neutral tones. You want these images to be timeless and I find that light neutral tones are best. Also, I don’t want you to be even the slightest bit uncomfortable. Wear what feels comfortable and true to your style.
- If it's cold out, turn your thermostat up to about 70*. It is nice to have a warm house so I can take photos of your baby unwrapped and still manage to keep them cozy.
- Your photo shoot is not a time to have guests over. Grandparents or special out-of-town guests who are staying with you, sure. But it’s best not to have other friends and family stop by during our shoot. Guests tend to distract the whole family.
- Don’t clean your house! You just had a baby, the last thing you need to be doing is cleaning. I will tidy up the areas I am going to photograph you and your baby in as I go.
- If there are siblings involved, let them know I am coming. Tell them a friend is coming to take some photos. If we had a maternity session together, remind them of our time spent and maybe even show them the photos as a reminder. It’s best not to surprise them.
- Gather any wraps, blankets, or other clothing you think your baby may need before I arrive. This will help me work more efficiently.